- Chicken Taco Salad
- 1 head green leaf lettuce (1 Large Head Or Two Regular Heads), Shredded Thin
- 3 whole roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c. Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 ears Corn, Shucked
- 2 whole Avocados, Diced
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- 1/2 c. Cilantro Leaves
- Tortilla Chips Of Your Choice (flavored Or Not), Crushed Slightly
- Ingredients FOR THE DRESSING: 3/4 c. Ranch Dressing (bottled Is Fine) 1/4 c. Salsa (as Spicy As You'd Like) 3 tbsp. Finely Minced Cilantro For the Chicken: 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts 2 tbsp. Seasoning (taco Seasoning, Or Your Own Mix) 1/4 c. Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp. Butter SALAD: 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce (1 Large Head Or Two Regular Heads), Shredded Thin 3 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced 1/2 c. Grated Pepper Jack Cheese 2 ears Corn, Shucked 2 whole Avocados, Diced 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced 1/2 c. Cilantro Leaves Tortilla Chips Of Your Choice (flavored Or Not), Crushed Slightly Directions First, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and stirring together. Cover and refrigerate. Next, make the chicken: Generously season both sides of the breasts. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until deep golden brown on the outside and done in the middle, about 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then cut it into cubes. Place the ears of corn in the skillet you used to cook the chicken and roll it around so that the flavorful oil/butter mixture coats the corn. Grill it on a grill pan or cook it in a separate skillet until the corn is still crisp but has color on the outside. Slice off the kernels with a sharp knife and set aside. To assemble the salad, pile shredded lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, corn, avocado, green onion, cilantro, and crushed chips on a big platter. Drizzle the dressing all over the top, serving part on the side if you'd like. Serve it in individual bowls.
- Provided by:
- Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman
Where You Can Buy Ingredients:
Sheep Springs Sheep Co dba Dobson Family Farm Inc.
Marc PedersenChandler, AZ, 85248